Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Today I am officially eligible for Social Security! Sigh.

A fun day, that started at the Humanitarian Service room with a "Nothing but Bundt" birthday cake (arranged by Sherrie) after which we prepped for some groups coming in to assemble school kits and hygiene kits. After miscellaneous chores, including a visit to the mission office to help solve a balky network printer problem, I spent the last hour "tying a quilt"...yes, tying a quilt.

Van McCarlie (a boyhood and lifelong friend of Tony, Sherrie's brother) stopped by with some life insurance papers. Great timing. We had a nice visit, however, and he and Grandma Hunter (who came down with Sherrie today...Sherrie has been in Provo helping Rebecca with her movie) enjoyed visiting and reminiscing about the "good old days".

Josh and his family arrived around 6:30 p.m. and we went to dinner at "Fatburger"...ahhh, the "Big Fat Deal" with onion rings! Rachel and I were talking as the food was being prepared (hence the picture of me on the phone...sorry, Rachel and Ryan, but it did taste good.)

Check out the pictures on my website. The first picture is Mr. Will's beard. I took a few of them but only am posting one. I posted one the other day on my blog.

The last picture is of what remains of the Bundt cake and some German Chocolate birthday cupcakes that a member of my ward made for me.

No comments: