Tuesday, November 25, 2008

"Wicked" trip to Jennie's

I drove to Cedar City on November 7th to spend a little time and to attend the funeral on the 8th of a young man who used to live in our ward. His family had moved to Cedar a couple of years ago and the young man (now 14) had run away from home and was found dead a few days later...unknown cause at present although he had taken some pain pills from his mom's purse.

After the funeral I drove the back roads to Pine Valley to check things out. Not much different although there was some snow on the ground.

On the 14th, Sherrie's Red Mountain Choir had a concert...probably the last one she will be involved with as the Skouson's are "retiring" from the RMC. They may be putting together another choir on this side of town...time will tell, I suppose.
Last Tuesday, as soon as we finished at the Humanitarian Center, we headed to California to spend some time with Jennie and her family.

The first day, we went to the kid's school to give a little presentation to Tyler's class about family history (click here for his "link" to John Alden. We also told him the "chickens and cow" account about William Jones Thomas' experiences in St. Louis.) The kids seemed to be most impressed with the fact that I said that Tyler is a real "prince" since he was descended from royalty on a couple of the lines...course I didn't say that there are a whole lot of people in that category!) After school we watched Cora's rehearsal of a couple of numbers from "Wicked" (for a performance that they will be doing at their school.)

Thursday after school was Tyler's "fencing" class and Friday after school was the kid's "circus" class.

Sunday evening we went to see the play "Wicked" at the Pantages Theater.

Eric has been working virtually nonstop finishing his work on the "Thumbelina" movie that should be out soon. We did get to work in a game of Canasta, however.

The pictures toward the end are Tyler's "animation" efforts. He wanted me to not erase them.

Drove home early Monday morning, foggy as we left at 5:30 a.m., but cleared up by the time we arrived at the I-15. Home at 9:30 a.m..

Gorgeous weather while we were there.
Check out all the pictures at our family website.

No comments: